A clinical trial purchase involves buying medical supplies for research purposes. It is through a clinical trial that a new medicine or medical procedure is tested on human beings to see if it really works. These involves the testing of innovative therapies, devices, and new drugs in a selected group of patients.
The purpose of a medical supply company is to make available all the new medicines, innovative procedures, and devices to the person carrying out the research. They act as a link between the researchers and pharmaceutical companies, which as usually the owners of the innovations. A clinical trial supply company will normally negotiate the terms of purchase.
The purchased drugs or devices are then used to carry out all types of trials including the following:
· Treatment trials which test new medical treatments, radiation therapy, approaches to surgery, and combination is drugs.
· Prevention trials which aim to discover better ways to prevent a disease in individuals who have never had it. It includes lifestyle changes, minerals, vaccines, vitamins, and medicines.
· Diagnostic trials aimed at discovering the best procedures or tests for diagnosing a certain condition or disease.
· Screening trials which deal with innovations in detecting certain health conditions and diseases.
· Quality of life trials aimed at looking for ways to make like more comfortable and of better quality, especially for those with chronic illnesses.
If you plan a clinical trial, talk to any of the companies involved in the supply of medical products.